Sunday, November 1, 2009


Will was a firefighter one night and a ghost the other, but it looks like he should have been a missionary. with 3 sisters, I have to admit this little man has to fight pretty hard around here to get any attention.


Pippy Longstocking and her pet monkey, Mr. Nelson, actually won the costume contest at the trunk or trunk.

it's no joke, she's a monkey.


Brookie and her teacher were both ABBA. I could not find a ABBA costume Brookie's size so I made her one and then her teacher told me she saw them at ShopKo, DON'T TELL ME THAT!! seriously, that is not even funny.


I think Brookie was a little jealous that Emma won the costume contest, but I was really proud of her sportsman ship.

this was an emotional evening for me. as I'm checking everyone's blogs, my heart is in my throat as I read about Shelley S. and Holly A. having beautiful healthy babies and at the same time, Stephanie and Taylor losing their mom from cancer and now Tomy's dad is not well with cancer also and my heart is going out to all of you. I hope you all know we love you and miss you all. I think I am at my height of missing ABQ and wanting to go back, and wondering if we did the right thing. the school here has been a huge disappointment for me. I miss NACC so much I could cry, I actually already have. I feel like staying here is like committing to a life of dumbing down America and just resigning to the fact that my children will have a 3rd rate education and that's how public schools are and there's not much I can do about it. I'm starting to be okay with that, because I don't think we are moving back. I think I'm the only one who wants to and maybe Emma. But I think I would have to ddddddddddrrrrrraaaggggg Dan back. He loves it here and the job situation is so much better and we do love the area. so, I miss you ABQ and I guess visiting will have to be enough. it is starting to feel a little more like home here, I know time will help. okay, enough of my blah, blah, blah!! hfg

6 comments:

rachel said...

Moving is the pits. I sorry about the schools. Wonder if there is a private school or something?

Your girls costumes, Abba cracked me up.

I hear you guys might come to the baptism. I am so excited!!! I am going to check with my parents but I am sure you guys can stay at there place. It will be fun to have all the kids there.

Stef said...

We miss you too, Honey. Moving is so hard. Especially when there are kids involved. That is a whole other world of things to worry about. Ugh! Your kids look so cute. And I am impressed with the ABBA costume. Almost more impressed that your daughter wanted to be ABBA. Funny! Come see us. You always have a place to stay if you do come!

Chelsey said...

We miss you guys so much!! I completely understand how you feel. Aaron and I were talking the other day about someday moving back to Utah, and it just about broke my heart to think about leaving here. I'm just glad I don't have to make any decisions right now. Your kids looked adorable. I loved the pippi costume. She was perfect!

Unknown said...

Awesome costumes!

Dora Thomas said...

We miss you too. Please stay with us whenever you come. Doug is serious to go to visit you next Summer, maybe I can bring green chili and make soup, I know no quite good for summer but who cares, I can bring a little piece of ABQ. You are lucky Will wanted to wear suit, my boys finally were ok with the idea after their baptism. AMOR.

Anaggieforever said...

Hello from Texas! I just thought I'd check in on the Gee's and see how things were going. I came across your post Honey and just felt an urge to comment. My heart goes out to you and your family :-)

I 100% agree with you about public schools today. It's very unfortunate. Just remember that your kiddos only get half of their education at school and the other half comes from home. You and Dan are the most amazing parents I have ever had the joy of getting to know (even in that one year) and you have nothing to worry about when it comes to your children getting a good education. The things you and Dan do for your kiddos on a daily basis is what bridges that gap in public education. From being involved-volunteering in the classroom, family outings to find the perfect Christmas tree, reading to your kiddos, cooking with them, allowing them to be involved in activities and personal decision-making, taking them to museums, on family road trips, or to something as simple as the grocery store, sincerely answering the million 'but why' questions, giving them an opportunity to explore, garden, create, experiment, giving them love, nuturing, endless learning possibilities and tools, encouragement, help with homework, ...and the list goes on. You and Dan do all of those things and probably more (and maybe not even realize it). That is where quality education comes in when you feel the public school system is lacking.

Public education today is very unfortunate. People ask why I'm not teaching anymore and it's simply because the school system does not allow me to really teach. All they want out of me is for the children to pass a state test. There is no 'educating the whole child' and it breaks my heart. I could only do so much in the classroom w/o being pressured or criticized to go with the norm. I don't believe in the norm and it made it very hard to teach. Every child's needs are different and they all learn in different ways. I'm a firm believer in that, hince why I worked 80 hours a week (eventually burning myself out) to make sure I was giving the best to my students. It would have been an injustice to do otherwise. Maybe there's a happy-median but I felt that there was such a lack in public education that I HAD to do something to make up for it. And still to this day, I feel like I should've done more for my dear kinders but I have to trust that they have great parents like you and Dan to bridge the gap.

I remember talking with you when you would come pick Brookie up from school. We talked about you missing MT and your family, me missing TX and my family. We both knew NM wasn't our permanent home and would count down the days (LOL!) until we could be close to family and friends again. I could see it in your eyes everytime I talked to you, the longing you had to be close to family again (and for your kiddos to know what green grass felt like!), and now you have it! So anytime you feel like you may have made a mistake moving back, just think of that and know that you and Dan made the right decision :-) Look what your kiddos are getting out of it...you've taught them positive ways to cope with and adapt to change, not to mention, them being able to be closer to family (and new friends!) which is what really matters. The rest is just 'stuff!'

Happy New Year Gee Family! Miss and love you bunches :-) ~Sylvia (Please tell Brookie hello from Mrs. Lewis!)