Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More Morocco

Dressed up Berber style in a jewelry stall
I was alright with the monkey, it was the guy with the snake that I wasn't OK with. I HATE and have a completely irrational fear of snakes. I spent the entire time in Djemaa el Fna making sure I knew where all the snakes were (and staying as far away as possible from them). Our last morning there I got distracted by the monkeys and of course....snake man snuck up on me (rookie mistake) BTW I love that he is wearing a modern leather jacket under his traditional djellaba (it's absolutely Marrakech)




snake charmers in the square, cobras and pythons and rattlers, oh my!



Joined a band of Gnaoua musicians for a song or two...they were surprised I could (sort of) play the Krakeb (symbols)...thanks to an amazing experience in Essaouira
I could post a million pics of Morocco, it was a beautiful place and I feel so lucky to have been there and had such a great experience.




3 comments:

HFG said...

I'm with you there on the snakes Sunni, it takes a special gift I think to like them. hfg

rachel said...

You are so brave. How fun to go and do all that. I liked all your tatoo. I got one of those when I was at BYU on my ankle. How fun!

LGH said...

What an incredibly grand adventure!