Sunday, July 5, 2009

HGTV arrives at our house!







Not really - but I wish they were in charge of our projects! We are refinishing the cabinets and redoing the counter tops and sinks in the kitchen and all four bathrooms. I have learned a lot about quartz, tile, sinks and faucets. It is a little scary trying to figure out what looks good - not just for me but for a potential buyer some time in the future! Here is what I am thinking - Chocolate cabinets with a Craftsman look (color on the left on doors on the right), "Buttermilk" Ceasar stone counters, creamy crackle tiles (4x4 squares) with a line of 3 rows of the glass tiles. We are thinking about getting daring in the downstairs powder room and having a vessel sink. The one "non neutral" item! Weigh in a let me know what you think. Would you buy a house that looked like this?
(I will post before and after pictures when it is done. The goal was to have it all done when the kids come home in August, but the countertop may be back ordered until the end of August:()

4 comments:

HFG said...

I say go with the sink, it looks great. Sunni, I keep hoping to see pictures from your trip to Africa.

Sunni said...

Love it! and definately go with the sink

rachel said...

I love the colors and the tiles you picked. Its awesome.Those sinks are always on HGTV.

rachel said...

I think the Vessel sink is awesome but I think the spout should be metal. That is my opinion take it for what its worth. Probably not much.