Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Power of Music - a challenge!

A while back we had a sacrament meeting where people were asked to come up and talk briefly about their favorite hymn and then the congregation sang one verse of the hymn. It was one of the most powerful meetings I have attended.
They asked the ward leaders to come prepared in case there were few volunteers, so Gavin put together a list. There were plenty of volunteers (we could have gone for an hour at least!) so Gavin didn't go up but I thought I would share his list with you.
  • Because I Have Been Given Much
  • Do What Is Right
  • Count Your Blessings
  • Come Follow Mee
  • How Gentle God's Commands
  • Joy to the World (You knew there would be a Christmas song!)
  • I heard the Bells on Christmas Day (or two!)
  • I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go
  • Families Can Be Together For Ever

There are some of my favorites on this list.

Now, the challenge. Post a hymn/hymns (or other piece of music) that has had power in your life and, if you are comfortable, share why.

I would love to know what some of your favorites are.

Libby

2 comments:

LGH said...

Libby, sounds like a wonderful sacrament meeting. I appreciate Gavin's list. And, this really got me thinking. Sounds like a good FHE for A & me.

HFG said...

Libby, sorry I haven't been on for a while, very busy here too. I'll think about a hymn.