Monday, August 24, 2009

A couple of things.

the blue shirt brigade:) we miss you all!!!!


I never posted pictures from Dan's graduation because the only camera I had was my blackberry and they all turned out blurry. Anyway, I decided to post some anyway, because I am really proud of him. So there you have it. It was at the Corrales Events Center. Good food. Good company. Good Laughs. Good memories.


Sunni and Grandma Libby came to visit. I guess we wore everyone out.


Sunni got us this dish in Morracco!! Isn't it cool? I am so excited. We love it. It looks great on the mantle Sunni, THANKS!
P.s. That book "Staying Home" you started reading here is actually really good, like you were saying. It gets very political very fast. It makes me feel extremely guilty about shopping at places like Costco where the oranges come from Chili. There is nothing wrong with Chili, but the book is all about supporting your local economy and local farmers. Did you know that the food an average American eats has been handled 22 times before you eat it and that 90% of Americans have no idea where their food comes from. It really got me going probably because we bought 5 acres with the idea of a big garden and orchard and chickens, etc. so this book got me all excited. I think some of the programs going on out there to get people to buy more local products are great. We just need more programs like that. And we need more awareness. If anyone wants to read a good book and do something great for their community and theirself, read this book.


My "little" brother Joe got married and I got to go. It was great. I drove down with my sister, Sherry and we had alot of great conversations.

My brothers all looked GREAT!! such great guys!

Donovan and Paige were the ring bearer/ flower girl. They were so cute.

2 comments:

Christa said...

We miss you guys, too! I just have to keep telling myself that you've gone on to a better place... But if you ever feel like coming back for a visit (you guys are used to crazy long drives, right?), know that you have a place to stay!

Libby said...

I had such a great time with you in Missoula. You are a fun, fun family and great hosts:)
Love ya.