Thursday, October 30, 2008




This is the bee hive that we had in our backyard this summer.


We feel kind of like blog losers because we really don't do this often enough. So I'm trying to think of something to post. Janey has decided that she is NOT New Mexican, despite the fact that she really is. She does NOT like Green Chile. I am having withdrawals so I decided I am going to write about Green Chile since I can not eat it. So here is my "ODE TO GREEN CHILE."
This is my favorite soup right now and I'm dieing to make it. Sunni, did you ever find vegetables? I hope so. P.S. Green Chile is a vegetable:) P.P.S.Janey does not mind chocolate so life is still good, I'm pretty sure Gavin told me that chocolate is actually a vegetable too:)
Green Chile Chicken Soup
2 chicken breasts (cooked and chopped bitesize) or a can of cooked chicken
1 large onion (chopped and sauted until clear)
14 oz. can chicken broth
10 oz. can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream
1 cup green chile
1 can corn
salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes or crockpot it. Serve with spinach (or whatever flavor you can find) tortillas. Roll the tortillas tight and dip in soup. YUMMY.


QUOTE OF THE MONTH FOR US
"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet." Emily Dickinson


No comments: