Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Green chillis are getting cooler, literally

Well it finally happened. Brookie and Emma decided simultaneously to learn how to ride their bikes without training wheels. It was great and they are so proud of themselves. Ever since, they can't get enough of the scenery around our neighborhood:)
Also, if you ever drop in for lunch, dinner or even breakfast for that matter, I do believe that you had better like Green Chilli. Not just like but love. Dan is officially addicted and trying his very best to get me there also. I'm trying to think of what we have not yet tried with green chilli and I do think the only thing that comes to mind is cereal. Although mention it and you know what we're having for breakfast tomorrow. Really you guys, you have got to try these dishes with green chillis: spaghetti, pizza, grilled cheese sandwiches, bagel sandwiches, omelets, hamburgers, steak, porkchops, lasagna, dutch oven cheese bread, any kind of soup(just add a cup of diced g.c.), fish, obviously tamales, enchiladas and sopapillas. I could go on and on but I will spare you guys. We offically eat it at every meal. When we first moved here I said,"You've got to be kidding me, Green chilli on your pizza and in every pasta dish?" Now I ask, "Where's the Green Chilli?" Because every meal tastes very bland indeed without it. Yesterday I was sick and Dan made me grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. I never did find any cheese in the sandwich but there was plenty of g.c. They sell 30 pound bags at Smiths for $5 (they roast them for free right there for you to watch). I can take orders if any one is interested. I know if we move, we are going to have withdrawals and will be for sure having friends mail us green chilli via FedEx (we know they will be on time).

Also New Mexico gets monsoons. In July and August every afternoon around 2 the clouds roll in, dump water on us like buckets and is over by four. It is actually quite an amazing thing. It really cools things down. I love it. But I do not know what the annual rain fall is.
Honey Gee

2 comments:

Gee said...

Honey, can't say that we want to buy 50lb bags but we'll have to give it a try. Rachel will eat anything that has no carbs.

Libby said...

Guess I'll never survive for long in New Mexico - I'm too wimpy about spicy foods:(
Congratulations to the girls on their new "Look Mom. No training wheels" status!